Have Your Cake and Eat it Too!
Enjoy these 7 tasty treats, without sabotaging your diet:
Chocolate Lovers Protein Cupcakes
For those of you who need more protein in their diet, this chocolatey treat is exactly what you’re looking for.
It is also one of my favourite recipes from the 30-High Protein Treats Cookbook (page 22) and I decided to share it with you, so you can enjoy these amazing healthy treats as well!
1/3 cup coconut flour
1/3 cup spelt or whole wheat flour
2 scoops BioTrust Chocolate protein
1 tsp baking powder (aluminum - free)
1/4 tsp baking soda
A few pinches of stevia (to taste)
3 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tbsp dark chocolate chips
1/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
1/2 cup lowfat cottage cheese
6 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
Optional: a few extra pinches of stevia for more sweetness
1. DO NOT over mix if you want fluffy muffins!
2. You can top with my Nutty Chocolate Frosting on page 43
1. Preheat oven to 325F
2. Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well
3. In another bowl, mix wet ingredients together until well blended
4. Add wet ingredients to dry, mixing until JUST combined
5. Fill 8 muffin cups with the batter
6. Bake for 20 mins or until lightly golden and springy to the touch